Y’all, it’s women’s month!!! Happy 31 days of KWEN APPRECIATION!!! The fight for womanhood never sleeps so here’s to the start of another year of fighting!!
So, we’re doing things a little different this month. *You’re welcome*. I’ll be profiling one of the books in my reading list this year… Shonda Rhyme’s Year of Yes. What better way to mark this month. Really, it’s just vital life lessons that I picked up for myself through my reading. Enjoy!!
- Always remember that your happy ending is YOURS and it will, probably, not look the way others think – and expect – it to be.
- You are ALWAYS saying YES: To mediocrity, manipulation, unhealthy living, terrible habits, etc. Whenever you say no to one thing, you are automatically saying yes to something else.
- So, NOSI, every time you say no to working out you are saying yes to laziness and unhealthy habits, every time you say no to putting in work you are saying yes to procrastination, and every time you say no to saving you are saying yes to poor financial choices … Go figure!!
- Don’t take yourself too seriously! Learn to take moments and plan – learn to take moments out to “dance”
- Y’all, I felt this one!!!!
- It is one thing to “stand” like wonder woman and it is another to “be” like her.
- Don’t undermine your accomplishments. Receive praise, in humility, when it is given
- KNOW YOUR TRIBE AND INVEST IN IT!!! Invest your time, your love, your presence!!!
- Always say “Yes” to the things that scare you the most, that is where you will experience the most/best growth.
- Don’t just dream, do. “Perfect is boring and dreams are not real. Just…Do”
- Learn to be a better friend to yourself.
- Pay attention to the way you view people. See them as they are, not as what you want them to be – if the two perspectives are the same, you have found a unicorn.
P.S. Image sourced from: https://cafe4apps.net/year-yes-shonda-rhimes-epub/